Magpul MBUS Sight - Front Black MFG # MAG247 UPC # 873750004310
The MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) is a low-costn color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits most 1913 Picatinny-railed hand guards, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform.
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse.
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top.
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to most any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 railed handguard* and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons.
- Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post.
- Elevation adjustment tool included, but most aftermarket A2 front sight adjustment tools may be used as well.
- Weight with Hardware: 1.2oz
- Height above Rail Stowed: ~0.51"
- Length Stowed: 2.6"
- Length Deployed: 1.5"
- ~1.6 MOA (1.886"/100m) per click with a 14.5" sight radius
- ~1.2 MOA (1.367"/100m) per click with a 20" sight radius
*NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Becuase of this the sight is also not compatible with MOE Hand Guards.