Follow us @OaklandTactical on Instagram for frequent updates on our inventory!


View our privacy policy and terms

WE ARE OPEN! Hours: M-F 10am to 6pm Sat 10am to 4pm est. ONLINE 24/7/365

NFA/Transfer FAQs

Are you tired of trying to figure out how to buy a silencer in Michigan?

Are Silencers legal in Michigan?

OF COURSE! Most states allow silencer ownership and use in hunting. In Michigan, you can use your silencer for target shooting, home defense, hunting, or any other legal use! Silencers are the most popular NFA item to own, and are becoming increasingly recognized as must-have equipment for polite and safe hunting, sport shooting and personal protection.

Every gun owner should experience shooting suppressed 300 BLK subsonic once in their lives.

What about the paperwork? What do I need to buy a suppressor?

Fear not, Oakland Tactical has you covered and will walk you through each and every step of the paperwork process.

You will need/expect

  • 200 Dollar Check for the Tax Stamp
  • Valid Driver's License
  • Ability to pay for the suppressor up front in full, no layaways on suppressors
  • We will take your fingerprints
  • We will walk you through and submit your paperwork
  • Lastly, in a few months, your paperwork will come back and you will be able to pick your can up from the shop





  • If you are ordering from another store, and want to transfer the item to Oakland Tactical, YOU need to make sure the FFL the item is being shipped from calls us/contacts us to receive our FFL information. Our email is [email protected] , if you want to speed that process up. The sooner we each have each-other's info, we can make the sale.
  • When an item is transferred in, you will be subjected to the normal 4473 and NICS background check you would as if you were buying it from anywhere else.
  • After paying the nominal 40-45 dollar per gun transfer fee, you are free to walk out with your weapon, as long as you pass your background checks. 

Follow @oaklandtactical